Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Short Story and Cell phone Blues.

My Turn-ons include Napalm:

So I started trying to publish this on the Amazon Kindle for free, but apparently there is a long drawn out process that will require me to do all kinds of irritating things that still might not spur Amazon to price this short at zero.  So for now the story will only be free on my blog and http://lorewriter.com/ .  Hopefully one day I can complete this but for now my more enterprising readers will have to find a way to get my short on amazon without paying for it.  I did turn off DRM on it and allow lending whenever possible.  Please help spread the word and of course I appreciate you reading my work. 

The short should be available in the next day or so here.  The story has already been published on RW Herper's website at Lorewriter.com and you should feel free to check out the other works posted there.

Cell Phone Blues:

As I have discussed before with my new Android cell phone, I have run into a few issues.  This is an account of what I have been able to figure out to make the phone more accessible to the nearly blind.

I found an app called Big Font which more or less makes the menu options legible for me.  It doesn't really help with the icons in my app menu and doesn't do much of anything for my email and text messaging.  I tried several SMS Messaging apps and most just caused my phone to blink at me with no real effect.  I finally settled on the MySMS app which came with a dark theme in a seperate download which at least allows me to see who is sending me a text and I can more or less puzzle out what was said.  There is a big font version as well but it isn't much bigger and the white background with black text is actually more difficult to read than the dark theme.  This app also has the added benefit of allowing me to read and send texts from my computer where my adaptation software is a little more extensive.  This doesn't help me in a pinch but for the ajority of time I receive texts while at home anyways.

I got stitcher up and running so now I can listen to podcasts on my phone which I have been enjoying.  I haven't been able to get the Netflix app to actually work but chances are that the screen is too small for me anyway so I don't particularly care.  I don't think I want to bother with the twitter or facebook apps because that might be too taxing on my eyes.

I was finally able to get all my contacts ported over to my new phone and have a app that makes that least a little bigger and I can call people largly on purpose.

That's all for now.  The new short should be up in the next day or so.  Thank you again for all your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment