Thursday, March 8, 2012

Onwards and Upwards!

         It's nice to see that so many of you have found my blog.  I haven't bothered learning to use most of the doo dads that the service on this site provides so I was surprised when I actually bothered to click on the stats tab.  Feel free to leave comments or if you have questions you can always feel free to email me at thischrisdodson@gmail.com. 
         My short story is finished and I have sent it to the illustrious R. W. Harper from http://lorewriter.com/ .  He agreed to take a look at it next week after he returned from GDC (Game Developer's Conference).  I hope that it meets with his approval and goes up on the site smoothly.  Once there I will wait a couple weeks before posting both here and for free on the Amazon Kindle.  I wanted to show a sign of respect to Mr. Herper for taking an interest in my work and allowing me to present some of my work on his site.  The short story was his idea and I want to give credit where it's due.  Being he is a professional writer himself, I really look forward to his feedback.
         Moving forward I have started revision on the first draft of the Prey for Vengeance series book two.  I have a few working titles but having settled on one as yet.  I have revised and sent a total of four chapters off to my editor all of which were returned in record time.  At this rate I should have the final draft in a few months.  Edward Walerius, my editor has been working on his own book and I have been trying to do my part to offer help where I may.  Ed is a smart cookie and has sent his work to quite a few people and getting some good feedback.  I have his first two chapters staring at me and they will be the next thing I tackle after this post. 
         It was a nice surprise to receive some work from Ed and I am grateful for all the editing work he has done for me.  It's really nice to know that I will be able to return the favor.  I knew he had it in him and it's exciting to see him spread his wings.
        My cover artist Steve Griffing is starting the concept art stage for the comic version of "Prey for Vengeance" and I a am really excited to see what he comes up with.  The whole reason this novel got started was so he could adapt it into a comic and I am glad to see Steve is up to the challenge.  Since the novel was in it's final stages he started working on his own story and another comic idea, only this time he will be doing the writing himself.
         It's so exciting to see what had started as friends playing a online video game together become a den of creative ideas.  When we left the game and Steve and I moved to different states I was concerned that we might grow apart.  Since then we have carried on the frienship and grown together with my friends in Ohio and started a podcast ( www.2lazy2botaku.com ) and from that sprang forth a need to create some more traditional media but with a distinctly modern twist.
          In my 33 years I never thought things would turn out this way and for the first time in my life I have a rather positive outlook.  It's a little scary to be upbeat as a life long cynic, but I am doing my best to remain tentatively cheerful for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment