Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New Cover for "My Turn-ons Include Naplam"



Well I ran into an issue.

I needed a cover for my short story but I didn't want anything too terribly involved and I was afraid that my normal cover artist Steve Griffing might find it demeaning.  So I turned to my long time pal Phillip Johnston to load up his graphic artist skills to give me a simple but effective cover.  After an hour on Skype and plenty of consultation Phillip really made the image pop.  I can't thank him enough for this and it has the added bonus of not dragging Steve off the cover for the second book.  Steve has been working diligently on the second cover and I am excited to see the final product.  Probably the biggest issue is that I still have yet to come up with a decent title for the second book.  The second novel's cover is quite a bit more elaborate than the first so I hope everyone likes it as much as I do.

I've been killing myself on another project involving the Massive Multiplayer Online Gaming Industry that has been a lot of fun and I have the added bonus of being able to bend the ear of RW Harper when I have questions.  He's answered my questions with ruthless efficiency and the project so far has gone quite well.  I'm planning to release them as a series of shorts to be released as an anthology, but free online.  I'm using the exercise to  hone my skills in the first person narrative.  Hopefully I'll have more stuff to share with you guys soon.  Until then let me know what you think of my short story and if you were able to grab my book for free, please give me some feedback and tell me if you liked the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment