Saturday, February 18, 2012

The book is out!

Well the book finally came out for purchase on Valentine's day!  I have had friends and family congradulate me all round.  Now the real struggle begins as I attempt to do some grass roots marketing on a low budget.  I'm not sure how I will be able to do it but I always have friends around that are more than willing to lend a helping hand.
     I was able to involve myself with the KDP Select program which allows Amazon Prime users to borrow the book for free.  Thus far I have sold books but no one has actually borrowed the book yet.  As I am not a Amazon Prime user myself I am unsure of how the Owner's Lending Library works.  At least I have a free option for new readers and I am glad for its availability.
        I have already done a bonus podcast for the 2lazy2botaku.com site and the title of the podcast will be 2lazy2bpublished.  In it I discuss with my illustrator and editor how the book got started and all the stages in between until the book was published and the background as to how the story took shape.  I also go into the detail of the painstaking work that goes into preparing a manuscript for Kindle publishing.  It wasn't anything too difficult but I did have some slogging through help forums to do.  I'm sure publishers require an even higher standard.  The conversion to the .mobi format took a bit and I got some real headscratching problems that didn't fall into FAQ territory, but I was able to muddle through just fine.
         The first draft of the second book is already finished and part of the book has already been edited.  I hope to get back to it and have it out sooner than the first book as far as time frame.  With my attention on trying to promote the first book and researching how to do it successfully I haven't really been able to concentrate on writing much.  I hope I am able to do a good job and get lots of feedback so I can further refine my style.
         That's al for now.  I have to descend into the dregs of social media hell and do a lot of shouting and hope somebody will hear me.  Maybe I can make some new writer friends along the way.  I think I would like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment