Friday, June 10, 2011

Still editing

So I am about half way through final revisions of the book.  I have been quite dogged in this experience.  I have found it strange how my usual procrastinated nature has been subdued in the face of this project.  Most of the time I tend to get side tracked on new projects, but even with me doing the 2 Lazy 2 B Otaku podcast, I have been able to keep up with the shows I need to watch to review and still keep pounding out the edit. 
        I think I have found the process of editing, irritating as it is, is far more preferable to the marketing that I will have to plunge through to get the book e-published.  I don't relish the time I will need to start trying to alert people to the book.  I haven't firmly embraced the social media sites yet, and I fear that I am going to have to wade into it, doing my best not to get swarmed by spammers.
        If nothing else, I can finally cross writing a book off my bucket list.  The pride I feel of bringing something into the world of my own creation gives me a feeling that is unmatched by any other experience.  I can't wait to bring this work to the masses and hope that I can reach people with the story I am still crafting.

Chris Dodson

No comments:

Post a Comment